Caucus attended Millwright, Piledrivers, Divers, Bridge, Dock, & Wharf Builders
Pile Drivers have been slow.
They are hoping the Federal Infrastructure plan passes.
If it does they are expecting funding for:
- bridge and standard infrastructure but also
- green energy projects such as wave energy projects.
- There are 5 locations in Oregon being studied for wave energy collection and or
- off shore wind energy.
- Mortenson was able to work with the building trades to capture much of the Eastern Oregon wind energy work 100% Union.
- This has created work for Most Carpentry Crafts including General Carpenters.
Very busy and struggling to fill calls for journey level workers.
They have also had some new realms of work picking up contractors that are using millwright to install
- the automated parking systems for garages and the
- short term rental electric bike racks in Washington.