Michael Bridges joins communications committee!
Michael Brassell, Mike Fyffe, Laura Tocki-Toggenburger, and James Lopez welcome Bridges onto the committee.
Attending: Laura Tocki-Toggenburger, James Lopez, Michael Bridges (members.) Sitting in: Nikita Krayniy, Christina (Blue) Crow, and Anna Longfield.
Some suggestions to improve meetings and members involvement:
- Posting times to Google Calendar,
- Permitting attendance via Skype or Zoom.
- Sharing posts to 1503 Facebook page
- Widget for members to contribute photos to be posted onto 1503’s site.
- Gather email addresses with an organizer. We may have software already installed onto our site.
Something for all of us to think about. What is the cost of remaining unorganized?
- $.50/hr raise equals $1000/year of work.
- $1/hr raise equals $2000/year of work.
- $5/hr means $10k/year of work.
Accept b. and we leave $8k/year on the table in just one year. How long do you plan to work? 10 years is $80k on the table. 20 years $160K. Do the math for yourself.
If we accept a low wage on the next contract how much will we leave on the table?
How do we get $5/hr raise at our next contract?
- Help your Local 1503 organize by thinking of positive ways to grow together.
- Share this post on your favorite social media.
- Let us know what your favorite social media is.
- Let your local know if you want satellite meetings in your area.